It’s no secret that we love art and all the creative types who make the world so darned interesting. Continuing Yen‘s strong tradition of supporting women in the arts, we’re hosting a competition to uncover the best and brightest new talent out there.
We’re looking for female artists and illustrators between the ages of 18 and 35, one of whom will be crowned the Toni&Guy/Yen Young Australian Artist of 2012.
Twenty finalists will be showcased in a special exhibition at Gaffa in Sydney on International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2012, with the winner also receiving a 2-week solo exhibition at Gaffa.
There’s a total prize pool valued at more than $26,000 up for grabs, including some special prizes for the runners-up.
Major Prize Pack
- One blow dry per week for one year from Toni & Guy (valued at $2,500).
- A solo exhibition at Gaffa – 2 weeks duration (valued at $1,870).
- Overnight stay for 2 people in one Studio Deluxe Suite at The Olsen including an Art Tour with Jane O’Neill.
- O’Neill price package (valued at $500).
- Olympus PEN E-P3 and Olympus PEN E-P3 Single Lens Kit valued at $999.
- Winsor and Newton Art supplies package (valued at $1,530).
- Double Page Profile in Yen Magazine Issue 56 and a one year subscription to Yen Magazine (valued at $10,929).
- $500 cash prize donated by nextmedia.
If you think you’ve got what it takes then we’d love to see your work